WELCOME TO ASIAN AMERICAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER (AA&PI) STUDENT SERVICES
Asian American and Pacific Islander Student Services is a collaboration with the Asian American Studies (AAS) Department and Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (SAEM). The goal of AA&PI Student Services is to improve and expand SF State’s capacity to serve high-need Asian American and Pacific Islanders and low-income degree-seeking undergraduate students, improve the learning environment and strengthen academic outcomes.
AA&PI Student Services involves three comprehensive and complementary activities:
Broad dissemination of information
and targeted support to high-need AAPIs
Student learning communities with culturally-relevant and community-responsive practices, linked courses and peer mentors
Faculty development and faculty learning communities
***Resources During COVID-19 Public Health Order***
• Click here to view a list of open offices and remote services on campus.
• On-campus cart services will be operated by University Police Department until further notice. Call 415-338-7200 for a ride.
• The Tutoring and Academic Support Center is offering services via Zoom, on Mondays - Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please contact email@example.com or 415-405-5516 to schedule an appointment.
• If you live in San Francisco, please visit this site for updates on what this new mandatory Public Health Order means and what city services are still available.
• Apply for the Scholly COVID-19 Student Relief Fund, aimed at providing cash assistance for those in need during this unprecedented crisis. Applicants who are approved will recieve a one-time cash payment of $200.
• Visit 1degree.org to access food, housing, and financial resources in all communities.
• Read this article to learn more about AAPI community care and for more resources.
• Uhaul is offering students 30-day free storage due to the COVID-19 precautions. If you rent a one way Uhaul truck, you can get 30-day free storage in your arrival city. A credit card is needed and will not be charged as long as you check out in 30 days, please call 1-800-468-4285 for more information.
• If you need access to affordable internet at home, please visit Internet Essentials to apply and receive two free months of internet service by 4/30/2020. Or call the following companies in your area: Spectrum Internet: 1-844-488-8398, Comcast Internet: 1-855-846-8376, Charter Internet: 1-844-488-8395